Friday 8 July 2016

About me and my reasons for the blog

I have started this blog following a suggestion from someone who thought I would benefit from having a project to focus on.  I will be honest about what I have gone through and what i am facing.  I hope it will be informative and hopefully entertaining.  If it helps others understand some of the issues that stroke survivors face then it will have achieved something.  I am not a great writer or thinker, i am just an ordinary person facing a challenge I never expected to deal with.  The first few posts will be catching you up on me and my stroke journey so far.

My name is David Swales I live in Bury St Edmunds in beautiful Suffolk.  I am happily married for 28 years and counting.  I have a lovely wife Stephanie and two wonderful children Ben and Bethany.  I am very blessed to have such a wonderful family and love them all.

I work in the NHS as an accountant.  I have worked for the NHS for 23 years but with my current employer for 8 years.

I am a 53 year old type 2 diabetic and as a result lead a healthy lifestyle.  I am not overweight, I have never smoked and don't drink a great deal. I am a keen runner although not an athlete.  I run parkruns most weeks and do 5 km in a personal best of 26:27.  I enjoy running 10k and have ran a half marathon along a beach and then up a mountain.  

I know this is all dull and boring but it sets the context for the blog. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment